Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

juMBLe XI

*Our new favorite grocery store is Glazier's Food Marketplace.  It's right down the street and it took me months to finally go inside.  Now that we have, we now shop there and Costco, and very little anywhere else.  They have the best pizza place and ice cream bar inside.  We have grown addicted to the New York style pizza and the chocolate covered bananas.  So if you live in the Southwest and haven't made it there yet, I highly recommend it.
*Father's Day was all weekend long.  I thought he deserved it and I finally figured out a few things to do for him.  1) I took the kids Saturday morning and let him sleep in 2) I got his car washed inside and out along with an oil change 3) We went to Chicago Brewing Company, which I loved but Gabrielle didn't cooperate so we had to leave early. 4) Crab for Dinner on Sunday and a nice relaxing night. 5) Ethan wanted to decorate a cake for him at Glaziers, and of course Gabrielle got to help too!


















*I have a growing list of projects around the house that I'm working on.  They include: painting the kids rooms, moving my desk into my room and making an office area, moving Jared's desk downstairs and giving him his "man-cave" area in the garage with his equipment and books, cleaning out the garage, finishing my garden and start planting stuff, some misc deep cleaning, and a whole bunch of others I can't remember right now.

(Imagine it painted with dirt and plants, I'm really hope it looks better too, cause it was a b*tch to put together.)







*Jared is loving his job and I'm loving his schedule.  I've got four days a week to get what I need done and I've got three days to spend with him.  And on Friday's we get to hang out and have good quality time together.

*I wish I could make the "SLOW" button work on Ethan.  Everything he does is at full speed and he forgets to think first.  So far that hasn't worked out the best for him.  One of these days he'll get it and think first.
*I've been toying with the idea of switching phone companies and just haven't done it yet.  Right now it'll cost me $85 extra to break the contract w/ AT&T and I just don't want to pay that yet.
*We finally got a new computer, but I refuse to set it up until I get the rooms painted and arranged properly.
*I'm really working on loving my house.  It's not exactly what we wanted but; 1) we can afford it right now 2) it's ours 3) it's clean and in a good neighborhood 4) if I work hard then I can make it feel more homey 5) I feel greatfull for all of the above because we weren't in this position a few months ago.
*Things always have a strange way of working themselves out.  Sometimes I think of what it would have been like to move and start fresh some where other than Vegas.  But like Jared tells me regret is a wasted emotion and solves nothing.  So I just remind myself that we are where we are suppose to be.
*And because she is just too cute not to post....

No comments: